PADI Advanced Open Water
Advanced Padi Open Water
Price: $9000 MXN or $450 USD
Explore and Experience new types of Diving!
This course is all about trying new types of diving! There is only a small amount of time spent on academic work and the rest of the time you will spend experiencing the underwater Mayan World of the Cenotes and the Caribbean Sea. The course helps you build your confidence and expand your skills through different PADI Adventure Dives. Get your Advanced Padi Open Water Course Today.
What will you learn?
You will need to participate in two required Adventure Dives: Deep and Navigation these will take place in the Cenotes or in the sea.
Deep – Learn to extend your depth range beyond 18m/60ft in a safe and controlled manner, explore somewhere new.
Navigation – Improve your navigation skills… The thrill of finding your way back to the same place using natural features of a dive site or a compass.
Then you get to pick 3 of the following:
Peak Performance Buoyancy – Practice makes perfect. Get the right amount of weight for you and learn to float like you were in space.
Fish ID- Get to know your friends better! Go on an underwater safari to learn about the different types of fish and corals.
Wreck diving (extra 80USD) – Explore an amazing boat submerged underwater.
Photography – If you like taking home memories – you’ll find that underwater photography is a great way of showing your friends the underwater world.
Naturalist – Identify all the different marine life in the area. We have fresh and saltwater creatures, learn the differences and enjoy recognizing the underwater animals.
Dive Against Debris (extra $30USD) – Help the environment, learn how to collect and submit your debris data online! Add the PADI Dive Against Debris Specialty Course to your PADI Advanced Course and leave with two certifications.
Nitrox (extra $80USD) – Add the PADI Enriched Air Diver Specialty Course to your PADI Advanced Course and leave with two certifications. Nitrox enables you to stay down longer and get back into the water sooner!
Search and Recovery -Lost something? Learn how to really find what you have lost and bring it to the surface with a lift bag.
Night – Learn how to communicate underwater under the moonlight.
Open Water Course
Departure Time8:30 am
Return Time4:00 pm
|Day 1||08:30am — Orientation to course 09:30am - 2 dives03:00pm - Return to Dive Shop|
|08:00am - 3 dives Schedules depend on which adventure dives are chosen by students.|
- PADI Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another agency
- Be at least 12 years old
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
- If I did my Open Water with a different organization, can I still do my Advanced course with PADI?
- Yes, not a problem!
- Can we do the course in a cavern like “The Pit”?
- As you are doing an Advanced Open Water course, the dives must be performed in open water, unfortunately caverns are overhead environments.
- Where are these dives happening?
- The dive sites will depend on the Adventure dives you choose.
- My friend has a certification, can she/he join me on these dives?
- It is possible on most dives depending on the certification level.
- What else do I need to bring?
- Your swimsuit
- The PADI e-learning completion form
- Remaining payment
- Open Water Certification card, e-card or email
- Do I need to have my own equipment?
- Having your own equipment is not necessary, however, if you are planning on buying it, this is the best time as you will get to know it “inside out”
- How many students does each group have?
- We take a maximum of 4 students per instructor to enhance your learning experience.