PADI Open Water Course
PADI Open Water Course
Price: $9900 MXN or $495 USD
Change the way you see the world,
learn to breathe underwater today!
PADI Open Water Course is recognized internationally and valid for life. The course will take you through a series of five theory sessions, five confined water sessions, and four open water dives. At the end of the course, you will be certified to dive unsupervised with your buddy, to a maximum depth of 18m/60ft. During the four open water dives you will see some of the most diverse marine life and aquatic plants the Caribbean reef has to offer. The water is warm and crystal clear. The reef is full of life, colors, and fun. Join us making bubbles under the waves!
What will you learn?
- Once we have received your deposit within 24 hours we will send you your elearning materials, to start your learning process straightaway.
- Study your theory at home before arrival
08:30am — Orientation to course
10:00am - Confined Water
08:00am — Dives 1 & 2 (max depth 12 metres) 1:00pm --- Logbook and finish
08:00am — Dives 3 & 4 (max depth 18 meters)
01:00pm* --- Logbook and Paperwork
- Be at least 10 years old.
- Show that you can tread water for ten minutes and swim 200 m in our pool.
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
- What should I bring along?
- PADI elearning completion form
- Remaining payment
- Which dive sites will we visit?
- We normally do 1 dive in Casa Cenote (an open cenote) and 3 on Tulum reef
- Can the dives be done in Dos Ojos or other cenotes?
- As you are taking an Open Water course, all dives must be done in a place with open water, this means that you need to have direct access to the surface. Once you have completed your open water course we can take you to Dos Ojos Cenote.
- What happens if it rains?
- If the weather conditions do not allow us to go to the sea, we would do the dives in another open cenote or if you have time, we would reschedule for the next available day.
- How many students does each group have?
- We take a maximum of 4 students per instructor to enhance your learning experience.
- Will I be able to dive anywhere in the world with my PADI certification?
- Yes, PADI is the largest organization in the world, even if the shops are affiliated with another agency, they will recognize your PADI certifications.
- Can I go diving in cenotes after completing my course?
- Sure! We normally suggest adventure into Dos Ojos to have a great taste of what cenotes can offer.